[WBEL-users] Random nfsd Error

Erik Williamson erik@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:17:37 -0600

Hi All -

We're hving trouble with our nfs server on a fully-patched WBEL3 Machine
(Dell Poweredge 2600, 2G Ram, Dual Xeon).  Under a moderate load with
several hundred machines mounting & using, the kernel nfsd data
structure (svc_clnthash) loses entries for clients that have previously
mounted, and are attempting another mount - we're using autofs.

The error returned is EPERM.  Has anyone else encoundered this?  We've
figured a hack for mountd to get around this, but would rather have it
work properly!

Any help is greatly appreciated... students and everyone else are
getting verrrrry frustrated!

Thanks -
Erik.

--
e r i k   w i l l i a m s o n                     erik@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
  system admin . department of computer science . university of calgary