[WBEL-users] updates since respin-1?

Jose Nathaniel G. Nengasca nats@sscrmnl.edu.ph
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 08:56:42 +0800

Now with this issue, how could a user of WBEL, like myself, be sure that the
mirror is correctly updated? Where should i get the update mirror list? And
since i have four boxes here running on WBEL, i rather want to have a mirror
locally, where should i based, updated ones to be mirrored?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: whitebox-users-admin@beau.org
[mailto:whitebox-users-admin@beau.org]On Behalf Of William Hooper
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 5:04 AM
To: whitebox-users@beau.org
Subject: Re: [WBEL-users] updates since respin-1?

Erik Williamson said:
> William Hooper wrote:
>
>> Skimming the changes to Yum (I've been slacking on my Fedora testing),
>> it looks like Seth added a "mirrorlist" option.  This will probably
>> allow yum
>
> Yes - This is going into effect for the pending Fedora Core 3 release.
> The mirror list is hosted on the fedora main site, and fetched by the
> client periodically.

If it is like up2date, every sync.

> Looks to be a good solution to removing out-of-sync
> mirrors

It doesn't do anything for out-of-sync mirrors.  They still need to be
manually removed from the served list.

> - hopefully  whitebox can use the same system.

It's already there because up2date supports it.

http://whiteboxlinux.org/up2date-mirrors/

--
William Hooper

All messages that are coming from this domain
is certified to be virus and spam free.  If
ever you have received any virus infected
content or spam, please report it to the
internet administrator of this domain
nats@sscrmnl.edu.ph