[WBEL-users] Build problems.

Rafael Baquero S. rbaqueros@yahoo.com.mx
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:06:27 -0500

Hi.

I am trying to rebuild all the packages in WBEL and currently have been able
to rebuild almost all of them. I am currently trying to rebuild ant but the
build process has failed repeatedly. The last part of the build log is the
following:

- snip -

gcj-ssa -C --encoding=ISO-8859-1
--classpath=./upstream/src/main:/usr/share/java/xerces.jar:/usr/share/java/commons-logging.jar:/usr/share/java/jakarta-regexp.jar:/usr/share/java/bcel.jar:/usr/share/java/xalan.jar:/usr/share/java/junit.jar
-d upstream/src/main upstream/src/main/org/apache/tools/zip/ZipShort.java
(cd upstream/src/main && \
 (find -name \*.class | sed -e 's:^\./::'; \
  for i in upstream/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/listener/defaults.properties
upstream/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/defaults.properties
upstream/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types/defaults.properties
upstream/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/version.txt
upstream/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/defaultManifest.mf; do echo $i; done |
\
      sed -e 's:^upstream/src/main/::') | \
    jar -c@) > ant-1.5.2.jar
Illegal option: @
Usage: jar {ctxu}[vfm0Mi] [jar-file] [manifest-file] [-C dir] files ...
    -c  create new archive
    -t  list table of contents for archive
    -x  extract named (or all) files from archive
    -u  update existing archive
    -v  generate verbose output on standard output
    -f  specify archive file name
    -m  include manifest information from specified manifest file
    -0  store only; use no ZIP compression
    -M  do not create a manifest file for the entries
    -i  generate index information for the specified jar files
    -C  change to the specified directory and include the following file
If any file is a directory then it is processed recursively.
The manifest file name and the archive file name needs to be specified
in the same order the 'm' and 'f' flags are specified.

Example 1: to archive two class files into an archive called classes.jar:
       jar cvf classes.jar Foo.class Bar.class
Example 2: use an existing manifest file 'mymanifest' and archive all the
           files in the foo/ directory into 'classes.jar':
       jar cvfm classes.jar mymanifest -C foo/ .

make: *** [ant-1.5.2.jar] Error 1

RPM build errors:

- snip -

I already installed all of the missing RPMs but I am still unable to build
this package. Any suggestions?

BTW. The package is ant-1.5.2-20. I also get the same problem while trying to
build xalan-j and xerces-j

Regards.

Rafael