[WBEL-users] updates since respin-1?

Paul Pianta pantz@lqt.ca
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:38:39 -0400

Paul Pianta wrote:

> Johnny Hughes wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 08:56 +0800, Jose Nathaniel G. Nengasca wrote:
>>

>>> Now with this issue, how could a user of WBEL, like myself, be sure
>>> that the
>>> mirror is correctly updated? Where should i get the update mirror
>>> list? And
>>> since i have four boxes here running on WBEL, i rather want to have
>>> a mirror
>>> locally, where should i based, updated ones to be mirrored?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> The official site that allows rsync and is usually the most up to date
>> is physics.ncsu.edu.  Here is a command that will mirror the whole site
>> (including ISOs):
>>
>> rsync -r
>> ks.physics.ncsu.edu::whitebox/3.0 /local_path_to_your_whitebox_mirror
>>

> I am trying to run the above command like this :
>
> rsync -r ks.physics.ncsu.edu::whitebox/3.0 .
>
> and I am just getting the 'welcome to the NCSU Physics Department'
> message and then nothing - it seems to be waiting for something to
> happen but never does. Should I wait longer?
>
> pantz

duh - me bad

I didn't think to look if it had actually done something ... It is
running and doing its thing - just added the '-v' option to the above
command and now I am getting some feedback!

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!