[WBEL-users] Re: Install and Remove Applications

Bill_Wimmer@dom.com Bill_Wimmer@dom.com
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:51:50 -0400

At this point, I can't use yum since we do not have an internet connection
in the computer lab.  However, I am planning to give it a try at home
someday???

As an update to the problem I am experiencing.  I was never able to install
additional packages using the graphical interface from the menu.  I did
discover a good work around (with some outside help).  By installing disk 1
of the iso set, the system asks if I want to execute the autorun script.
If I check yes, the system enters the graphical install routine and
everything works fine from here.

Not to sound negative, but I really do like the package manager in Mandrake
better.  Unfortunately, Mandrake was not stable enough for me.  WBEL has be
rock stable even if it has a few rough edges.

thanks to everyone.

Bill