[WBEL-users] razor

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 05:15:48 -0500

On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 00:19 -0600, Mike Staver wrote:
> I've heard about razor and spamassassin working nicely together.
> However, I'm not sure what razor is exactly or how to implement it. I've
> noticed that spammers have really got SA's number for version 2.64, and
> almost 60% of all spam is getting into my inbox as of yesterday even
> though my threshold is set to 3.5 and I have no custom rules turned on
> or off, just using defaults.  Is anybody using spamassassin in combo
> with something else like razor that helps out at all?
I am using SpamAssassin 2.64 in conjunction with MailScanner on my
PostFix e-mail server and I am not getting any spam in (well maybe 1 or
2 per month).  This solution doesn't work if you are retrieving mail
with a mail client ... but it works great with a mail server recieving
and sending mail.

You should use custom rulesets, it blocks many more pieces of SPAM.  If
you go here:

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/CustomRulesets

and save the rules to /usr/share/spamassassin then SpamAssassin will use
the Custom rulesets...

Here is another great rules place:
http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm

Johnny Hughes