[WBEL-users] problem acepting incoming mail

Conor Wynne weeboy@conorwynne.com
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:49:54 +0100

--=-ViDDJKfQySZEx3Vd5nH1

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 01:35, "Ra=C3=BAl D. Pitt=C3=AD Palma" wrote:
> Hi Kirby!
> thanks for your help! I have enabled sendmail to listen on the other=20
> addresess...
> I have setup sendmail.mc properly (i think soo   :-D  )...
> my server should process mail for the domain pospan.com , but i do not=20
> see a properly MX entry on thr DNS.
> anyone see this before..
>=20
> Kirby C. Bohling wrote:
>=20
> > On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 07:04:46PM -0500, "Ra=C3=BAl D. Pitt=C3=AD Palm=
a" wrote:
> >=20
> >>Saludos!
> >>I have configured a mail server that is working weird.
> >>Whenever i try to send a mail to a local user, from the outside, i=20
> >>recieved the following message:
> >>
> >>*********ERROR MESG. START*********
> >><TESTUSER@MYDOMAIN.COM>:
> >><SERVER IP ADRESS> does not like recipient.
> >>Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 <TESTUSER@MYDOMAIN.COM>... Relaying denied
> >>Giving up on <SERVER IP ADRESS>
> >>*********end of error mesg.********
> >>
> >>i am using sendmail, provided by whitebox.  I ahve the same=20
> >>configuration running on another server, but that one works just fine.
> >>Any ideas ?
> >>If someone want, i can send the sendmail.mc  file for revision...
> >>Regards!
> >>RP
> >=20
> >=20
> > I'm a sendmail newbie, but I remember that RedHat made the following
> > change during RH 8/9.  This is a quote from the RH9 Release Notes:
> >=20
> > o By default, the Sendmail mail transport agent (MTA) does not accept
> >   network connections from any host other than the local computer. If
> >   you want to configure Sendmail as a server for other clients, you mus=
> >   edit /etc/mail/sendmail.mc and change the DAEMON_OPTIONS line to also
> >   listen on network devices (or comment out this option entirely using
> >   the dnl comment delimiter). You must then regenerate
> >   /etc/mail/sendmail.cf by running the following command (as root):
> >=20
> >   make -C /etc/mail
> >=20
> >   Note that you must have the sendmail-cf package installed for this to
> >   work.
> >=20
> > Other then that I have no advice.  It might be helpful to know what
> > the other e-mail server you took the configuration from, and how you
> > know they are the same.
> >=20
> > Any chance we can get the original RHEL release notes included on
> > WB?  It's a bit of a pain to track them down.  I happen to have a
> > copy because we own RHEL at work.  After looking in there, I see
> > that the RHEL has the same note as quoted above.
> >=20
> > 	Thanks,
> > 		Kirby

I think your problem is the "relaying denied", so in this case you need
to add entries for each IP address which you allow relaying from. This
goes into /etc/mail/access

--=20
Conor Wynne
Dublin,