[WBEL-users] CUPS printing

Jason Balicki kodak@frontierhomemortgage.com
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:53:59 -0500

Hi all,

My current production server is an old RH 7.3 box that's
been through hell and back.  It's fully patched, but
it's about time to set up a new one.  This server provides
file and print services (for Windows clients, via Samba),
internal instant messaging, some small intranet apps,
etc.

I'm going to be using WBEL for this on a brand new box &
I've set up a test system to get myself familiar with
everything before I start the migration.

One thing I've noticed is that in order to set printers
up in RH7.3, I merely had to browse to the server
at http://servername:631, log in and I was good to go,
but in WBEL when I try to add a printer via the CUPS
web interface I get stopped at the device selection
because it's empty.  I *think* this has to do with the
fact that cups-drivers has been deprecated, but I'm not
sure.  Am I on the right track?  I was able to add a printer
by using the "redhat-config-printer" command, but I'd
much rather continue using the web IF, since I can delegate
printer maintenance much more easily that way.

tl;dr:  How can I make the device selection actually show
devices in the CUPS web IF in WBEL?

Thanks,

--J(K)