[WBEL-users] Linux and more that 16 VNC ports

Pete Stevens pete@ex-parrot.com
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 16:44:10 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Denis Croombs wrote:

> Hi
> I am trying to get more than 16 VNC sessions working on a Whitebox server
> with
> VNC v4.0, I have over 50 running from /etc/inittab with no problems, except
> that when I try and connect to the 17 connected port (any port number but
> always the 17th) I get a connection refused error.
> I think this is to do with the number of Xsessions that are allowed to be
> run on the server ?

I haven't got a whitebox machine to hand with X installed, but Redhat 9 and
Fedora Core 2 both have

# Maximum open XDMCP sessions at any point in time

Try increasing this value.

Pete Stevens
Pete Stevens
Virtual Whitebox Servers - http://www.mythic-beasts.com/vds.html

    In 2002, a Washington Transport Police officer ticketed a wheelchair-bound
       cerebral palsy patient for cursing when he was unable to find a working
                                                   elevator to leave a station.