[WBEL-users] Motherboard recommendation required for an AMD64 FX53 Processor

James Knowles jamesk@ifm-services.com
Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:38:12 -0600

>>Please can someone recommend an AMD64 ... motherboard

I've mostly been watching from the sidelines, but every week or so have
googled for any new information. There isn't a lot. My interpretation is
that movement to AMD64 hasn't reached a critical point yet key
development people are really focusing on it.

One thing that I have seen googling is that *some* SATA problems go away
by upgrading the mobo BIOS.

I've not really pressed the issue myself since I won't see any hardware
upgrades until next year anyhow. I *am* itching to move my SMP
workstation up to dual Opterons, though. :-)