[WBEL-users] Sendmail SPF SRS Question

Pete Stevens pete@ex-parrot.com
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 19:52:21 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, John Hinton wrote:
> So, has anybody started installing the hacks that are out there? Anybody
> have any good 'howto' pages? Suggestions for the best path to take?
> Milters perhaps?

You might have to publish SPF records & force authenticated SMTP on your users
through your own mail server but I wouldn't worry about filtering incoming
mail that isn't SPF valid.

http://www.ciphertrust.com/spf_stats

31 of the F1000 companies have adopted SPF, 34% more spam passes SPF checks
than legitimate mail.

Yours,

Pete stevens

--
Pete Stevens
pete@ex-parrot.com

      A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
                                                           -- Winston Churchill