[WBEL-users] Determining the Cause of a Kernel Panic

Daniel J. Summers danieljs@knology.net
Sat, 04 Sep 2004 21:49:17 -0500

(My apologies if this is a dupe for anyone - I sent this about 10 hours
ago, and it still hasn't shown up in my list (or in the online archive),
although other messages have.)

How does one determine the cause of a kernel panic (when the computer
freezes, and the caps/num/scroll lock lights blink)?  I've had a couple
this morning, and they seem to go away with a reboot (although I did get
one during a boot).  I'm suspicious of my network setup, but without
knowing how to find a log or dump or something like that, I don't know
what's causing it.  Thanks...

(As a follow-up - I was using ndiswrapper 0.8, and I found that version
0.10 was available.  I downloaded it, compiled it, reset everything up,
and so far, no panics.  I'd still like to know if there's a log
somewhere though...  :>  )

--
*Daniel J. Summers*
E-mail - 	danieljs@knology.net <mailto:danieljs@knology.net>

GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w !O M--
V PS+ PE++ Y? !PGP t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e h---- r+++ y++++