[WBEL-users] Motherboard recommendation required for an AMD64 FX53 Processor

William Hooper whooperhsd2@earthlink.net
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:06:40 -0400 (EDT)

Amit Joshi said:
[snip]
> My gripe here is that "rpm -q -a | grep glibc" for
> instance lists the packages twice (once for the x86 and once for the
> x86_64 version) but beyond that I cannot seem to be able to get the
> package manager to differentiate the two packages which are only different
> in architecture (i386 vs x86_64). I am probably missing some option to rpm
> here.

Here is a nice way to do it:

http://blogs.redhat.com/people/archive/000082.html

Using RHEL3 (with bi-arch support becoming very prevalent), I find it
helpful to change my default rpm query format

> $ cat ~/.rpmmacros
> %_query_all_fmt %%{name}-%%{version}-%%{release}.%%{arch}
> $

This makes a sample query give the arch information, which is very helpful
when debugging bi-arch issues:

> # rpm -q pam
> pam-0.75-56.s390
> pam-0.75-56.s390x