[WBEL-users] Preparing Security Updates

Michael Rock mikerocks65@yahoo.com
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:48:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, can someone tell me what is involved in the
process of making RHEL updates usable for Whitebox
linux?

Is it as simple as getting on the RHEL mailing list
for updates, download the appropriate sources and then
edit the files to remove copyright info?

I want to move my public servers to Whitebox but are
looking for a contingency plan in case Whitebox for
some reason does not produce timely RHEL security
updates. (for example lets say John decides not to
continue updates, falls behind due to some unforseen
event or in the unusual case the project dies)

Thanks

btw - apologies if this appears twice I did not see it
appear when sent unsubscribed so I assume subscription
is required to post.