[WBEL-users] I see that RHEL 3.0u3 is released - when can Whitebox respin 2 beexpected?

Raymond Lillard rlillard@sonic.net
Tue, 07 Sep 2004 20:31:30 -0700

John Morris wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Gary Mansell wrote:
>> Also, would it not be sensible to keep the Whitebox respin numbers
>> in sync with the Redhat update sequence? ie RHEL 3.0 update 3
>> becomes Whitebox 3.0 respin 3.
>
> Think I have all of the srpms for U3, gotta get on building them.
> But I'll probably do what I did for U1 and just spit em out as normal
> errata unless there is a must-have new feature in the installer.
> Although I think there are some new SATA drivers in this new kernel
> so if a lot of folks are getting stuck I'd be open to the idea of
> doing a full respin.

I for one hit the wall with respin1 on an ASUS P4C800-E.
I was unable to find drivers which would allow me to use
the SATA drives in anything other than legacy mode. :-(

I don't much care about drivers for the Promise chip,
it's not a full h/w RAID implementation anyhow, but I
sure would like to get the full benefit of SATA drives.

Regards,
Ray