[WBEL-users] kudzu death?

bishop bishop@platypus.bc.ca
Wed, 08 Sep 2004 14:44:13 -0700

Hi folks,

A buddy of mine put WBEL3r1 (ugh.  a better naming convention will
prevent us from writing postal codes all the time) on his little AMD
machine.  Because the Rhine drivers blow goats in windows -
surprised-there's-no-outcry kinda bad - he had a USB DLink Eth Nic in
there.  Anaconda configured for rhine, but the reboot caused the
DL650(?) to be chosen for eth0, the rhine module didn't get modprobed,
needed to get added by hand if the DL's in there on boot, etc.

Anyway, I'm not sure if it's relevant to the current problem:  kudzu
dies.  'service kudzu start' will actually never return.

No, no strace;  want one?  I gotta get him to reboot in non-sucky-rhine
mode to get that, though, and I'm rather checking to see if anyone's run
into this at all yet.

Kudzu dying for you?  Preventing startup while enabled?

  - bish

just looking for a RH9 replacement.