[WBEL-users] Dell Perc-2.10.7 Raid Controller drivers???

Larry Prikockis Larry_Prikockis@natureserve.org
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 09:20:48 -0400

I'm trying to install WBEL3-respin1 on a brand-spanking-new Dell 2850
with a Perc4eDi embedded RAID controller.

While Dell officially "blesses" the use of Red Hat EL 3 on this machine
(and in fact would've sold it to me with Redhat preinstalled),  I'm
unable to get the WBEL install to recognize the RAID controller.  I've
made up a driver disk using the DELL-provided files to no avail.

Then, realizing the DELL disk is meant for Kernel 2.4.21-4.EL, I went
through the steps of recompiling the megaraid2 driver for kernel
2.4.21-15.EL and created a new driver disk.

Still no luck... I keep getting the following messages while trying to
load the new drivers during install:

* trying to mount fd0
* not a new format driver disk, checking for old
* modules to insert megaraid2
* module(s) megaraid2 not found
* load module set done

Has anyone had success with this?