[WBEL-users] ADSL via DHCP, IP adress and Firewall

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:48:26 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Jean LEE wrote:

> My problem is that my provider often changes my IP adress. Then, I have
> to reexecute manually my firewallscript to take this new ip adress into
> account. How can I do to make the execution of this firewall script
> automatic after each change in my IP adress ?

Have a look at the manpage for dhclient, especially the part about
/sbin/dhclient-script, which has it's own manpage.  It should let you
reconfigure the firewall the instant the ip changes.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!