[WBEL-users] ctl script for postgresql -- Part II

Graham Purcocks grahamp@wsieurope.com
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:45:54 +0100

--------------000502060802010004010400

I see 2 possibilities.

Either you've upgraded to a newer version of postgres which has a
different database format and so you need to convert it. The
instructions on how to do this, will be in the place it says.

or

The database is trashed and so you need to recover from a backup.

You should know better which it is. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Mário Gamito wrote:
> Ok,
>
> I've found the script, but when i try to start postgresql i get the
> message:
>
> "An old version of the database format was found.\nYou need to upgrade
> the data format before using PostgreSQL.\nSee
> $SYSDOCDIR/rh-postgresql-$PGVERSION/README.rpm-dist for more information."
>

> What is going on ?
> I'm completely lost :(
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Mário Gamito
>
> Mário Gamito wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I had a problem with postgresql.
>> it just stoped working.
>> I've reinstaled it, but in the end i, have no ctl scrip for it in
>> /etc/init.d
>>
>> I've already searched in initscripts-7.31.13.EL.src.rpm, but nothing :(
>>
>> Does anyone knows where can i find the script ?
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Warm regards,
>> Mário Gamito

--------------000502060802010004010400

begin:vcard
fn:Graham Purcocks
n:Purcocks;Graham
org:WSI Ltd;Engineering
adr:Hockley;;22-24 Vittoria Street;Birmingham;W.Midlands;B1 3PE;U.K.
email;internet:grahamp@wsieurope.com
title:Consultant Engineer
tel;work:+44 121 233 7600
tel;fax:+44 121 233 7666