[WBEL-users] Still killing me softly with mon

Jesse j@lumiere.net
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:17:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Ed Morrison wrote:

> Thanks for the help.  I definitely needed to add those lines to my
> config.  Unfortunately, mon still doesn't recognize anything it is
> watching to be up.  It's as though it doesn't receive the replies, which
> is why I thought it had to do with my iptables or my firewall.  Anymore
> thoughts would be appreciated.

Oh, I misunderstood your problem, I thought you just meant that servers
were being reported as down intermittantly when they were really up.

Run your mon tests by hand. They're all in the mon.d directory. Just
supply a list of hosts as the argument. See what errors you get. These
errors should really be reporting in the ALERT emails too, but running
them by hand may make them clearer.

iptables rules, or a variety of other things can interfere with network
connectivity/probing.