[WBEL-users] tmpwatch command

Jason Becker jason@coalescentsystems.ca
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:10:43 -0600

Kirby C. Bohling wrote:

>	If you dedicate several gigabytes of disk to swap and none to
>tmp, this is no big deal.  It's a more efficient way of dealing with
>tmp files in the long run.  If it didn't cause goofy issues with
>specific applications I do run, I'd do it on all my machines.

Thanks for the response and link Kirby. Like you say I think it's a
planning decision. Just allocate the disk space to the swap partition
instead of a /tmp partition. Running into "goofy issues" is a bit of a
concern though... echoing a value into /proc for a parameter like
clear_tmp_enable would be ideal. I like BSDs sysctl too ;-)

Cheers

--
Jason Becker
Director & CEO