[WBEL-users] tmpwatch command

James Knowles jamesk@ifm-services.com
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:34:14 -0600

> If this uses RAM you are seriously in trouble of running out of memory

The default maximum size is 1/2 of the amount of RAM available. You may
adjust that via command-line parameter. It runs out of "disk" space
rather than eat up all available RAM.

Of course, ensure that you don't really NEED that RAM for active
processes else you'll be in swap city. :-)

> tmpfs was suggested for /var/run not /tmp.

That the scratch for my itch. VMWare and the default /var/run clean up
script don't play well together -- it's not a bad thing that happens,
just a minor annoyance with extra messages during boot. /var/run doesn't
hold anything that needs to persist between boots, and doesn't hold a
lot of data, so it was a good solution for me.

$ df -h
none                  504M   56K  504M   1% /var/run