[WBEL-users] crontab error

Vincent.Raffensberger@dtn.com Vincent.Raffensberger@dtn.com
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:18:44 -0500

--=_alternative 007A604686256F10_=

By default, stderr is sent to $MAILTO, which is usually root.
There are many few ways to do it.  Here are two.

Redirect stderr and send all output to an address:
bad_scripty.sh 2>&1 | mailto -s "Subject goes here"" add@ress.com

Change $MAILTO for that line in the crontab and send only errors to that
address:
( MAILTO=another@address.com; bad_scripty.sh | mailto -s "Subject goes
here"" add@ress.com )

Christopher L Judd <clj2289@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Sent by: whitebox-users-admin@beau.org
09/15/2004 05:00 PM

whitebox-users@beau.org
cc

Subject
[WBEL-users] crontab error

Whitebox users,

I have a cron job that emails its out put to an email address as well as
the local user account on the machine.  Problem is, when the script
the cron calls errors
out for one reason or another and doesn't run I only get notification of
this on the local system account.  Could anyone help me harvest this error
info and send it to an email account outside the local machine?

Thanks for you help,
Chris

--=_alternative 007A604686256F10_=

which is usually root. &nbsp;</font>
are two.</font>
to an address:</font>
-s &quot;Subject goes here&quot;&quot; add@ress.com</font>
crontab and send only errors to that address:</font>
| mailto -s &quot;Subject goes here&quot;&quot; add@ress.com )</font>
I have a cron job that emails its out put to an email address as well as<br>
the local user account on the machine. &nbsp;Problem is, when the script<br>
the cron calls errors<br>
out for one reason or another and doesn't run I only get notification of<br>
this on the local system account. &nbsp;Could anyone help me harvest this
error<br>
info and send it to an email account outside the local machine?<br>
Thanks for you help,<br>
Chris<br>