[WBEL-users] Oracle

bishop bishop@platypus.bc.ca
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:50:10 -0700

Hey Lewis,

I used to be an ISV liaison between Work and ORCL, and this sounds like
something that came up very often with Oracle installs on Linux.  Back
then, the problem was that the Oracle stuff was built against really
old(er) libs, and ya gotta install those libs in some fashion so that
Orcl will install and run.

I think you need the compat-libstdc++ package;  apt shows me it seems to
provide magic close to what you need.

	update -f compat-libstdc++

That may do it;  I'm stealing that command from an earlier response.  I
am all but completely (disgusted and) inexperienced with YUM.

(as you all know)

Try that out, and let us know if it works or not?  I can spend better
time searching if I know that this one didn't fix it.

  - bish
bluntly opinionated, occasionally useful for more than a laugh