[WBEL-users] Safe to install Samba 3.0.7?

Nigel Kendrick nigel.kendrick@petdoctors.co.uk
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:48:47 +0100

Further to previous, I have just found the solution to my problem and
it's Cups-related.

Problem: Printing to Epson Stylus C62 printer on Linux server from Win2K
clients WAS working but them stopped, apparently after a Samba Update

Solution (courtesy of LinuxQuestions.org:

vi /etc/cups/mime.convs and uncomment the line:
application/octet-stream application/vnd.cups-raw 0 -

vi /etc/cups/mime.types and uncomment the line:
application/octet-stream

This allegedly resolves issues with raw printing settings not behaving
themselves all the time.

NK