[WBEL-users] RedHat Bugzilla RPM

Joe Brouhard Joe Brouhard <jbrouhard@gmail.com>
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:29:23 -0500

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:14:07 -0500, Kirby C. Bohling
<kbohling@birddog.com> wrote:
> Joe,
>
>         I looked around a while back, and I couldn't find any RPM's for
> it.  I think most of the problem is that it has a number of perl
> dependencies, and well Perl isn't terribly well RPM'ed for CPAN
> things (there are tools to automate it, but the majority of CPAN
> packages aren't RPM'ized).
>
>         For whatever it's worth, the pre-install script it comes with is
> pretty good.  It does a find job.  I think part of the reason that
> it's not terribly RPM'ized, is that it's seen as something you'll
> customize quite a bit.  Looking at the change log, it appears to
> have a number of upgrades that involve hand tweaking things because
> of schema changes and whatnot.

Figures.  I was wondering the same thing.. I've tried to install
Bugzilla a few times myself, but run into Perl Dependency hell  (I
think this was the 1.x series..)

>         Bugzilla used to have a hard earned reputation for being a pain
> to install.  I know the first time I looked at it, the
> documentation, said roughly "if you can't install this without help,
> you shouldn't be running it, this software is a work in progress".
> It didn't bother to list dependencies, or anything.  It's much, much
> nicer now then it used to be.

With this in mind, I just may go with the install script instead..
heavily depends on if I can find some good templates to customize the
outlook.

--
Joe Brouhard
jbrouhard@gmail.com