[WBEL-users] hwdata update fails

Pete Stevens pete@ex-parrot.com
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:47:31 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, keith morse wrote:

> Just curious if others have seen this?  Using my own yum repository to
> do the update
>
> Summary
> hwdata-0.101.8-1.noarch.rpm fails md5 check

I saw that last night. I believe the esat.net mirror has a damaged file, I
changed my yum.conf to contain

[updates-released]
name=White Box Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=http://ftp.esat.net/mirrors/whiteboxlinux.org/$releasever/en/updates/
baseurl=ftp://mirror.physics.ncsu.edu/pub/whitebox/$releasever/en/updates/

yum then downloaded a working version from mirror.physics.ncsu.edu and
everything was fine.

Yours,

Pete Stevens

--
Pete Stevens
pete@ex-parrot.com

        I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because
                                                                I hate plants.
                                                            -- A. Whitney Brown