[WBEL-users] LVM update breakage

Kirby C. Bohling kbohling@birddog.com
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:14:19 -0500

<snip>
> Opps!  Didn't John say that sometimes he builds the SRPM's in a
> chrooted environment on a 2.6 kernel on a FC release.  I'd bet that
> he built the lvm packages on a non-2.4 kernel.
>
> Here's a cut and paste out of the lvm.spec file:
>
> # Conditionally suffix all binaries with .lvm1 and change manual
> # page names
> OS_VERSION=`uname -r`
> if [ "${OS_VERSION:0:3}" != 2.4 ]
>
> I think he'll need to re-roll the package while running a 2.4
> kernel.  I'm building it here local, but I have to run to a dentist
> appointment before I can report the results.

Sorry to keep replying to myself.  When I build the lvm SRPM myself
on a WBEL 3.0 machine I get the files with the proper naming.

rpm -q -l -p lvm-1.0.8-5.i386.rpm

On my locally built copy:
/sbin/lvchange
/sbin/lvcreate
/sbin/lvdisplay
/sbin/lvextend
/sbin/lvmchange
/sbin/lvmdiskscan

On the WBEL package:
/sbin/lvchange.lvm1
/sbin/lvcreate.lvm1
/sbin/lvdisplay.lvm1
/sbin/lvextend.lvm1
/sbin/lvmchange.lvm1
/sbin/lvmdiskscan.lvm1
/sbin/lvmsadc.lvm1

So I'm betting that `uname -r` wasn't returning "2.4" on the machine
the SRPM was built on.  I think this RPM probably needs to get
re-rolled again.

	Thanks,
		Kirby