[WBEL-users] Respin 1 x86_64 install kernel

Robert rbc331@charter.net
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:07:55 -0400

It seems that while installing the x86_64 version of Respin 1, the kernel
will report itself (via uname -r) as being '2.4.21-15.EL' which is the same
thing that the 'UP' kernel reports after installation. I believe it should
be reporting '2.4.21-15.ELBOOT'. This is causing some driver disks (such as
3Ware's) to not work during the install process.

I believe a change to the 'EXTRAVERSION' value in the Makefile when building
the install kernel will take care of this. If more info is needed, let me
know.

btw, THANK YOU for WhiteBox.

Robert