[WBEL-users] Respin 1 x86_64 install kernel

Robert rbc331@charter.net
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:07:55 -0400

It seems that while installing the x86_64 version of Respin 1, the kernel
will report itself (via uname -r) as being '2.4.21-15.EL' which is the same
thing that the 'UP' kernel reports after installation. I believe it should
be reporting '2.4.21-15.ELBOOT'. This is causing some driver disks (such as
3Ware's) to not work during the install process.

I believe a change to the 'EXTRAVERSION' value in the Makefile when building
the install kernel will take care of this. If more info is needed, let me

btw, THANK YOU for WhiteBox.