[WBEL-users] Shorewall Firewall Scripts on WBEL

Joe Aldeguer jaldeguer@aboutflowers.com
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:00:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Alan,

Thanks, for jump starting my memory now that you
mentioned it I remember running into a similar problem
a year ago using ipchains. I'll look into my firewall
iptables script rules.

> Joe Aldeguer wrote:
>> Has anyone run into a similar problem each time I restart
>> my WBEL box it hangs during bootup when loading Shorewall's
>> firewall script. I've timed it and it takes about 7 minutes
>> to complete the boot proccess.
>
> Is there a possibility that you're doing DNS lookups before things are
> ready, or that DNS queries are getting blocked during firewall init?
> Sounds like you're getting hit with DNS timeouts...
> -Alan
>
> --
> Alan Sparks, Sr. UNIX Administrator	asparks@quris.com
> Quris, Inc.				(720) 836-2058