[WBEL-users] Server hard disk failure

Francies Moore liz at indract.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 16:27:22 CST 2005

John - and everyone

Thanks for your replies to my questions.

It has been found that the problem *was* a hard disk failure.  The hard
disk is now with our hardware support company so is out of my
jurisdiction.  I am hoping to be able to recover most of the system as
the dead HD only held data files and was mounted on /local for a mirror
of our Lotus Domino mail server and a samba read only share, of which I
have a copy on DVD..

Everyone's answers are very useful and I will study them carefully.  I
have had a bad week for hardware - my Fedora home PC has a problem,
which may be  HD related, which is why I am reduced to using Windows!

Thank you all.  I am sure I will soon be back up and running.

Regards,

Francies