[WBEL-users] easy to use firewall?

Ganeshram Iyer ganeshramiyer at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 12:16:25 CST 2005

Hello all,
I am quite a newbie to the Linux server and am failing miserably in
trying to setup the rules for the firewall that came with WBEL/RHEL 3
AS. With no easy to use GUI that can do the following:
1) SAMBA PDC for about 15 WinXP/2K clients
2) HTTP/HTTPS server
3) SSH server

my firewall is currently turned off although the whole lan is
separated from the internet using a hardware router/firewall though it
has failed me before to prevent brute force attacks. Could someone
please suggest an easy to use firewall with a GUI that is as simple to
setup as the XP firewall? a bunch of checkboxes for a few of the
services on the LAN and thats all.

Thanks
Ganesh