[WBEL-users] Legacy Network Servers

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Mon Apr 11 21:30:58 CDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 09:45, Epps, Aaron M. wrote:
>     We're currently evaluating migrating from RHEL to WBEL, however
> when we tried to do an install using our custom kickstart files, we
> received the following error...
>
> "Group legacy-network-servers cannot be found, would you like to
> continue with the install"
>
>     Is this group of packages not available in WBEL or is it just
> called something else?  This package group contains programs such as
> telnet, rlogin, etc.  Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Interesting.  Looking in comps.xml I find telnet in base and
telnet-server as an optional package in network-servers.  comps.xml is
the only file RH does not provide in an SRPM so I had to create it by
merging the workstation and server versions from the last available
taroon-beta and frobing it until it worked.  Perhaps they reorganized
the layout a bit for the final release.  When I get some caught up a bit
on the backlog I'll check into it since I have since obtained a set of
RHEL3 CDs.  (legally)

Guess I'd better go ahead and put out a call here for someone with
access to compare the comps.xmp files from the final beta and the
release of RHEL4 and let me know what changes are in it.