[WBEL-users] Investigating a kernel panic

Simone simone72 at email.it
Tue Apr 12 04:38:12 CDT 2005

Hi list,
I periodically experience kernel panics on my wbel3 box. This server is
running as a front end mail filter for exchange, with a typical
MailScanner - sendmail - clamav setup. I also have mailwatch for
mailscanner running, which is a LAMP kind setup. Every 3-4 weeks I have
a crash, with keyboard blinking lights, and I don't understand the
reason for it. Recently installed a new server same configuration, 2 x
18Gb scsi disks raid1, thinking it was possibly a hardware problem, but
this morning after a month running fine, I had the first crash. Could
you please tell me where to look for possible indications on what could
have caused the panic? Checked log/messages but it looks like no useful
info is in there.

Thanks for your suggestions
Have a fine day