[WBEL-users] #whitebox channel on Freenode

John Hinton webmaster at ew3d.com
Mon Apr 18 17:28:24 CDT 2005

Rody wrote:

>Although I'm not an insider, I strongly suspect Centos is actively (or
>agressively?) trying to get people to use their linux instead of WB.
>I took the following snippet from an earlier post to illustrate:

Actually, "CentOS" really doesn't care. Why on earth would they? They
are simply trying to put out a great clone just like Whitebox.

Unfortunately, there is always the group who for this reason or that
thinks that whatever they are using is better than anything else in the
world. Please lets put this to bed... There is no need whatsoever to
start wars between the distros and moreso, there is a real need to keep
the peace. The more options we all have, the better.. slamming one vs.
the other is pretty shortsighted and not good for the whole EL clone
community.

There is plenty of negative in this world.. lets please leave it in its
dark corners.

Best Regards,
John Hinton