Fwd: [WBEL-users] #whitebox channel on Freenode

donavan nelson donavan at whiteboxlinux.net
Mon Apr 18 21:13:18 CDT 2005

> I don't see how the context changes the meat of the comments.  I'm not
> sure what the meat of the comments warrants in resposne.

the context of the comment taken out of context is what the OP
originally asked:

"mr_clark So why would a channel called "whitebox" be telling people to
switch to centos?"

to which I replied:

"donavan maybe whitebox is a pathetic weak distro?"

my comment out of context with his question gives the wrong impression,
some people lack the ability to recognize 1/2 sarcasms.

as for the rest of "MY" responses, there is nothing negative or
misguiding about any of them.  One is obviously sarcasm in case anyone
missed it.

I'll have nothing more to say about this topic on this list.

And as for the reason the topic says to join #centos or whatever in the
topic its because when people get on IRC looking for wbel help, I (and
other) guide them to #centos where they may get some help.  As none in
#whitebox even offers to help people on whitebox.  CentOS and whitebox
are nearly equivalent presenting your question in #centos allows others
to learn/gain knowledge without the politics of #rhel.  Look at the
#centos logs, you will see plenty of users offering and assisting wbel
users.

.dn