[WBEL-users] Newbie Linux user

Vic whitebox at beer.org.uk
Thu Apr 28 13:10:58 CDT 2005

> Hello everyone this is my first posting to this list.

Welcome ;-)

> I have a converted laptop drive from IDE to USB that I use to
> shuttle information around.  I have had sucess with XP and OS-X on the
> plug and play end and was wondering if this is also true with WB.

Assuming that your USB adaptor claims to be a USB Mass Storage device (and
anything else would be crazy), you should find it Just Works (tm).

USB works very well in Linuxland. In fact, I've found it works rather
better than it does in Windows[1].

HTH

Vic.

[1] I have a Mustek scanner that once worked under Win98, but recently
every installation I've tried it with claims it's broken. Linux has no
problem with it...