[WBEL-users] WHEL Liberation Respin3?

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Thu Apr 28 21:45:33 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 15:14, Epps, Aaron M. wrote:
> Once RHEL 3 Update 5 is released (Anybody know approximately when this
> will happen?) will WBEL be putting out a Respin 3 of Liberation?

Not unless there is a must have feature only available via a respin or
the size of the patches get impractical.  Usually new hardware support
that needs to be there for anaconda boot is what ends up deciding the
issue.  Respin2 was mostly pushed to support SATA controllers that had
come out since Respin1.  Assuming nothing similar is in U5 I'll hold
until U6 or U7 when the errata will also be getting out of hand again.

Unless they are settling into a pattern of OO.o, kernel and moz patches
without end, then the changeset won't grow much but the bandwidth
consumption will still be huge.  :)

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!