[WBEL-users] install GCC from sources?

Dave relaxedguy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 14:59:06 CDT 2005

My group recently moved our web site to a dedicated server which runs
RedHat Enterprise 3.

The machine doesn't have gcc or cc installed by default, which I need
in order to compile a few programs and install several Perl modules.

What is the minimum I need to install, and where do I get it from, to
have a working copy of gcc on our server?

I've been poking around the mirrors and see a directory called
headers which contains noarch and src files for gcc and a bunch of
other things. Is this where I want to be looking?

Does gcc need cc to be installed first?

I'm Googling away, my situation doesn't seem to have a lot of web
pages on how to go forward. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Yes, we need to hire someone to help with this but for now my life
will be great with just gcc installed.

Thanks for your help!

Dave