[WBEL-users] Dell PE2850 - OM Install - No X

Tom Brown tom.brown at goodtechnology.com
Tue Aug 9 14:56:34 CDT 2005

> I do not have this problem (yet), but since you have now found a
> solution, would you be so kind as to document it on the list so
> others can find it in the archives and use it too.

sure

make sure you have a recent version of OM and in my case this is
OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-LX-440-_A00.tar.gz

It seems that some libs that would normally be installed with X are
required. Make sure you have these packages installed

compat-libstdc++-296-2.96-132.7.2.i386.rpm
compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-47.3.i386.rpm
xorg-x11-deprecated-libs-6.8.1-23.EL.WB1.i386.rpm

you will require the kernel sources as OM uses these to build drivers
against during install. Again in my case this was

kernel-smp-devel-2.6.9-5.EL.i686.rpm

finally before installing OM make sure you have gcc installed and also
that net-snmp is allready installed.

Now i just have to work out some cacti templates but i can poke around
at temps, fans, psu's and RAID etc which is what i wanted.

thanks!