[WBEL-users] How do I unsubscribe?

Kirby C. Bohling kbohling at birddog.com
Thu Aug 11 16:03:17 CDT 2005

Derrick,

	Beau.org is having problems (from what I can tell, that's just a
relatively common problem recently, I've had problems with this at
various points over the last 2 months).  Generally it's a sit and
wait operation.  It'll come back around.  Last couple of times I
checked, it looked like a routing loop.  I can't tell if it's on my
end or beau.org's end.  So I haven't pestered John about it.

	First, _STOP_ spamming and thread hijacking the list with
requests to get removed.  The person you want to mail is the list
administrator, NOT the list.  You've irritated the heck out of me,
and probably a number of others.  The solution is simple.  This is a
mailman list if you look in the headers of every e-mail, they have
the URL you can use:

	That sure looks like if you send a mail message to
"whitebox-users-request at beau.org" with the subject of "unsubscribe"
that should get you removed.

	I would have sent you a nice reply privately the first time, but
after the second, and third e-mail, I feel the urge to publically
state how irritating what you are doing is.  So other people get the
idea that this isn't a nice thing to do.

	Things break on the public internet.  Give it 24 hours and see
if you can access the site again.  Try e-mailing John Morris about
it, I've found him to be very responsive to beau.org problems.  This
list hasn't generated even low volume traffic for a while now.  The
lists been fairly dormant by previous standards in recent weeks.
Unless you are on metered access (possible), it's not like it's a
big deal to get a handful of extra messages.  procmail and/or any
number of other mail filtering utilities are your friend....

	Good luck getting off the list, if only so you'll stop e-mailing
silly requests to it.

		Kirby