[WBEL-users] WBEL 4 Updates

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 04:03:41 CDT 2005

On 12/08/05, Cris Rhea <crhea at mayo.edu> wrote:
> IMHO, for this project to move forward-- good, solid information needs
> to flow on this list.  I have yet to see a summary/solution of the yum
> issue from May.

Due to an oversight Yum wasn't installed by WBEL4 by default and when
installed by hand from the CD using rpm -i the yum.conf distroverpkg
line pointed to /etc/redhat-release which wasn't provided by
whitebox-release IIRC.

Solution, install the yum RPM (off the 4th CD I think?) then switch
the distroverpkg line to point to /etc/whitebox-release and that
should sort it.

Will.