[WBEL-users] How-to get Exchange to WhiteBox

khaqq khaqq at free.fr
Thu Aug 25 17:14:53 CDT 2005

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002 19:08:00 -0000
"Manuel A.S. Gamelas" <manuel.gamelas at netvisao.pt> wrote:

> I have a domain in an IIS server with mail accounts using Exchange,
> but i want to transfer for a postfix or other linux mail system all
> incoming and outgoing mail.
> How can I do that?
> Can any one help me?
>
> Sorry for my English
>

> Manuel A.S. Gamelas

Hi,

Either something is very wrong with your SMTP or one of the SMTPs
between you and beau.org, or your computer time is uncorrect.
At least 4 Jan 2002 doesn't look like 26 Aug 2005 to me :)

Now, on to your problem :
0/ determine what Exchange functionalities you actually use (POP, IMAP,
SMTP, etc)
1/ find Linux equivalents (sendmail or postfix for smtp, for example,
popa3d for pop, etc)
2/ learn to configure them, add your users, etc
3/ check that your system cannot be used to relay spam (this is too
often overlooked)
4/ transfer the domain ownership from the winserver to the linserver

Since you mention an IIS server, maybe you also have webmail, in that
case you might want to look at opensource alternatives too (IMP for
example).

khaqq