[WBEL-users] How do you create yum headers?

Kirby C. Bohling kbohling at birddog.com
Wed Aug 31 12:18:57 CDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 05:35:17PM +0100, Vic wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I've got a local bunch of RPMs ready for installation - but yum ignores
> them :-(
>
> Does anyone know how to build the header files that yum uses?
>
> Thanks!

man yum-arch...

At least that's how you do it with older versions of YUM.  I thought
the newer versions of YUM didn't require header files.  (Hmmm, that
might be newer then any version of YUM that ships with WBEL).

I use yum-arch to re-create the headers after I rsync from the
mirrors.  At one point in time, the headers were consistantly
corrupted on the mirrors.  I got tired of it and re-created them
locally.

    Thanks,
        Kirby