[WBEL-users] Mailing list removal

Vic whitebox at beer.org.uk
Wed Aug 31 13:02:47 CDT 2005

> I agree with the OP.  In my experience, when you really need help the
> linux crowd offers help as useless as yours.

When you really need help, the "Linux crowd" (if there is such a thing)
generally tries to get you to think for yourself. It's far more beneficial
in the long run...

>> Then click "Unsubscribe" on the next page.
>
> I guess you haven't been reading this list.  A large number of people
> have tried that and it doesn't work.

I've just been to the list control page and tried a number of things,
which appear to work. I confess I haven't actually tried unsubscribing
(becuase I don't want to unsubscribe), but I can't imagine that alone
would fail.

So what symptoms do you get when you try it?

> My only suggestion is to set up your email software to send an
> autoresponse back to the list every time it sends you an unwanted
> email.

Ooooh. Email abuse. You'd be amazed just how annoyed people will get. Have
you checked the AUPs for all your accounts?

> With luck you'll get an email loop which will bring down the
> server this mail list is hosted on.

Doubt it. But it might well get your gmail account yanked.

> At the very least it should get
> the attention of someone who can then remove you.

Probably not. JM seems quite busy at the mo. Chances are, he won't even
see your little action until long after others of us have attempted to
remove the problem.

> It's a shame that whitebox has sunk so low.  I think it is time for
> everyone to unsubscribe.

Bye, then. I'm staying here.

> From what I've read on this list, the
> project is dead anyway.

You appear to be reading a different list to me. The problems you have
unsubscribing from that list would appear to have nothing to do with
Whitebox.

HTH, HAND, etc.

Vic.