[WBEL-users] EXT3 file system problems with ASUS A7V motherboard

Edward Lauzier elauzier at platform.com
Sat Feb 12 08:40:39 CST 2005

I have two Athlon 650 MHZ boxes that are having problems since I've
upgraded them from RH 8 to WBEL 3R1.  On one box, I'm only using the
IDE controllers on the motherboard and am now getting an ocassional
kernel panic saying that there is an ext3 file system writing problem.

On the other box, I am using the SATA controllers because I had severe
problems with large disks on the IDE controllers.  Here I'm experiencing
a file system hanging condition.  Fortunately, it is not the root
filesystem.  I reboot using:  "reboot -n -f -i" and things come back.
There are no messages in the log files for me to debug with.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Ed