[WBEL-users] EXT3 file system problems with ASUS A7V

Edward Lauzier elauzier at platform.com
Sat Feb 12 21:05:32 CST 2005

Doug,

Thanks for the info regarding ext3 file systems.  With RH8, I did use
ext2 filesystems.  This may explain one of the boxes with the kernel
panic, and may be related to the other box as well.  I'll experiment
by making the problem disk partition an ext2 file system and see what happens.
(I have to reboot it daily and this is becoming a pain...)
I'll look into the details of RHE 3 update 3 to see what is needed...
If I cannot get it from Whitebox, I most likely can get the updates
from a CentOS update site, since they will work ( pretty sure ).

I'll post the results to the list when available...

thank,

Ed