[WBEL-users] WBEL 4 upgrade question

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Mon Feb 14 16:30:31 CST 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 12:03, Mike Staver wrote:
> So, when WBEL 4 is released, will I be able to upgrade to 4 from 3?
> I've read in the FAQ before that upgrading versions of WBEL will be
> tough because of Anaconda.  Is this still the case, or is an upgrade
> version possible this time around?

Yes you should be able to upgrade from WBEL3 to WBEL4 but you probably
won't be able to do it via up2date or yum on a live system.  I'd guess
the only safe method will be via anaconda, which has been par for the
course with RH derived systems for years.  Would be nice to see a day
when you can do it remote on a running system like the Debian folks do,
but this one is not going to be it.  Especially considering how much new
and different stuff is going to be in 4, Selinux alone would make it a
very tough prospect to do a live migration.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!