[WBEL-users] wbel respin2

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Feb 16 15:23:16 CST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 18:13 +0000, Graham Purcocks wrote:
> Its nothing to do with that. John asked the question WBEL3 respin 2 or
> WBEL 4 and people have expressed their view. Nothing more and nothing less.

---
no - respin 2 was in the works

I asked if release of WBEL 4 would back seat the respin 2 release -
because it seemed very desirable to me with intentions of installing
real soon on SATA drive system - or else I would consider going to
another clone for that machine. WBEL 4 would give me another option,
perhaps a more desirable option.

John said respin 2 would release when he finished up last packages (a
few days ago) - and I would love to see respin 2 finished.

John asked the list...
"should WBEL stop bothering with respins of 3.0 when RH ceases install
support in Oct '06 since it is doubtful they will add new hardware
support after that"

which is an entirely different question.

As for priorities - respins of WBEL 3 vs. release of WBEL 4, we might
have different perspectives, but as sure as I can tell, this is not a
democratic system and we are subject to John's priorities.

Craig