[WBEL-users] Mythtv - Interim conclusion

Dennis Gilmore dennis at royalpublishing.com
Fri Feb 25 08:39:35 CST 2005

On Thursday 24 February 2005 04:47 pm, kirby wrote:
> Every reply I have gotten had suggested overwhelming support for FC3 as the
> way to go for getting MythTV up.
> So that is my plan.
>
> As an interim step, just to play around, there is an install call KnoppMyth
> that is prebuilt. Since this TV box won't be a primary development platform
> I am going to try KnoppMyth to see how it goes.
> http://www.mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

I have just set up Myth-TV on a FC3 box.  But i was thinking that for long
term stablility when WBEL4 is out id move it to that.

i think the main performance benifits you would get from FC3 over WBEL3  is
kernel related.

--
Regards

Dennis Gilmore  RHCE
Network Manager
Royal Publishing
(309)693-3171 x299
7620 N. Harker Drive
Peoria IL 61615

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg)
 17:18:54 up 1 day,  7:01,  2 users,  load average: 0.16, 0.15, 0.10